Welcome to Dermatology Care Center
At Dermatology Care Center, Dr. Matthew Gee provides patients with all types of skin diseases and disorders with both medical and surgical treatments. He prides himself on operating a small, personal office where he spends time getting to know you and listening to your individual needs. As a patient of Dr. Gee’s, you can rest assured that he will take the time you need to satisfy your skin concerns. He takes a thorough, traditional approach to preventing, examining, diagnosing and treating skin diseases, cancers and growths.
Personalized Treatment to Meet Your Specific Skincare Needs
About Dr. Gee
Dr. Gee founded Dermatology Care Center in 2015 to develop a more traditional practice that focuses on the patient while taking the time to establish the doctor-patient relationship that is so special to the medical treatment experience. Dr. Gee wanted to be a doctor ever since he was a very young child because he liked the idea of helping people, and he was intrigued by science and how it can be used to diagnose and cure those who need help.
Growing up in the heartland of America in Michigan, Dr. Gee also had a strong desire to serve his country and fly airplanes. He had an uncle who was a great mentor and an Air Force Officer and dermatologist. This led Dr. Gee on his journey to the US Air Force Academy for college; Georgetown University School of Medicine for medical school; University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) for a surgical internship; and then the US Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks Air Force Base, Texas, for Flight Surgeon training.
After living in South Korea, Iceland, Okinawa, and deploying all over the world, serving on several humanitarian missions, learning to fly F-16 and F-15 fighter airplanes, and performing rescue missions in the Blackhawk helicopter, Dr. Gee later specialized in dermatology at the largest Air Force Hospital: Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas.
After 14 active-duty years and a transition to Air Force Reserves, Dr. Gee’s and his wife’s desire to raise a family led them to the Puget Sound area. They like mountain, forest, and water activities with access to metropolitan amenities as well. They chose Maple Valley specifically for its family-friendly atmosphere, activities and schools, and they’ve been very happy with their choice. So many of our patients tell us how happy they are with the convenience of our office location.
Honors & Recognitions
- “Best in Medicine” Award, December 4, 2017, to Matthew Gee, MD from the American Health Council for “demonstrated exemplary achievement & dedication in their own field of endeavor, thereby providing significant contributions to the Healthcare Industry.”
- First Place Young Investigator Award: Dermatology, American Academy of Dermatology Meeting; Washington, DC, 2000
- Young Investigator Award Finalist (top 10% of 62 scientific presentations); Aerospace Medicine Association, Space Medicine Branch, 70th Annual Scientific Meeting; Detroit, MI, 1999
- Air Force Meritorious Service Medal (2nd Oak Leaf Cluster); For outstanding service as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee, Flight Surgeon, 9th Aerospace Medical Squadron, 9th Medical Group, 9th Reconnaissance Wing; Beale AFB, CA, 2007-2012
- Air Force Meritorious Service Medal (1st Oak Leaf Cluster): For excellence in service as an Aerospace Medicine Consultant to the USAF and Allied Nations, leader for several unit and base programs, and visionary assistance in designing a new USAF School of Aerospace Medicine organizational structure; 1997-2000
- Air Force Meritorious Service Medal: For outstanding support of deployed operations and innovative leadership and teamwork that consistently led to “Best in command” ratings on multiple Air Force Inspections, 18th Medical Group and 67th Fighter Squadron; Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan, 1994-1996
- Air Force Commendation Medal: For dedication as a teamplayer and leadership toward improving the overall health and fitness of our fighting force as 35th Wing Surgeon; Keflavik Air Base, Iceland, 1994
- Air Force Commendation Medal (two medals): For lifesaving efforts and teamwork on two separate hazardous and demanding real-world international helicopter search-and-rescue missions, 1994
- Sikorsky Helicopter Rescue Award for saving a life at sea, 1994
- Air Force Commendation Medal: For professional skill, ceaseless efforts, leadership and a successful Flight Medicine Program as Chief, Flight Medicine, 51st Medical Group; Osan Air Base, Korea, 1993
- Company Grade Officer of the Quarter, 51st Medical Group; Osan Air Base, Korea, 1992
- Rhodes Scholarship Finalist; Michigan, 1986
- Distinguished Graduate / Magna Cum Laude; United States Air Force Academy, 1986
- Graduation Award for The Top Cadet in Philosophy; United States Air Force Academy, 1986
- Graduation Award for The Top Cadet in the Basic Sciences; United States Air Force Academy, 1986
- Intercollegiate Water Polo and Swimming, United States Air Force Academy, 1982 – 1986