If you have a skin condition, at Dermatology Care Center, we take the time to listen to your needs and to develop a personalized treatment plan. Dr. Matthew Gee has the knowledge and experience you can rely on to provide a thorough evaluation, accurate diagnosis, and to create a customized approach to your skin care. Located in Maple Valley, WA, we are proud to work with patients of all ages with a wide range of skin conditions and infections.
Before your first appointment, please read the information on this page so that you can succeed as a patient of our office.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Call 425-201-5117 (best form of contact if your concerns are urgent)
- Online: Click this link to the patient portal 11873.portal.athenahealth.com > Click on blue “Sign Up Today” link at lower right corner of window > Send Message with preferred times and days of week you would like your appointment. Include your phone numbers, emails, and best times to contact you.
At Dermatology Care Center, we strive to take great care of you and your skin concerns. Please help us help you by your kind attention to all the following information:
What to Bring to Every Appointment
- Valid Photo ID – Government Issued (i.e. a current Driver’s License)
- ALL Insurance Cards: including primary, secondary, tertiary, and Medicare Cards
- A valid credit card to leave on file
For Your Assistance
- Keep our phone number with you in case you need help locating our office: 425-201-5117.
- Check the map below or on the Contact Us page to familiarize yourself with our location
- Arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to process the above information into your medical record, re-verify insurance eligibility, and collect copay
- Call us if you think you will be late and we will do all that we can to help avoid having to reschedule you. No show fees ($75) apply for rescheduling or canceling within 48 hours of appointment. See No Show/Cancellation Policy in Financial Policies section below
New Patient Registration Form – REQUIRED
New patients are required to go to the following link and follow the directions below: 11873.portal.athenahealth.com
- After choosing/using a password and landing on your homepage, look at the left column and do the following:
- Click “My Health”
- Click “Medical Forms”
- Click “New Patient Registration Form”
- Read the form and scroll all the way to the bottom
- Click the empty box next to the words “I have read and understand the terms in the above document and agree to the eCommunications disclosure”
- Go down to the empty box next to the word “Name” and type your first and last name. (Ignore the other boxes unless you are signing for a child or someone who is not mentally able)
- Click the orange “Submit” button at the very bottom
- You’re done!
Feel free to browse the portal website to see how it can help you have a closer connection with our care team by giving you 24/7 access to making future appointments, lab results, visit and diagnosis summaries, refill requests, asking questions, billing information and statements, skin condition information handouts, and more!
Credit Card on File Policy
If you would rather mail a check to our office you are welcome to do so. If you would like to pay with a different credit card or HSA card, you can do that by using our secure online payment portal, or you can call us to pay over the phone.
No Show/Cancellation/Late Reschedule Policy
An appointment is a contract for time that you reserve for your treatment. We have the right to charge $75 for no shows, late cancellations, and late reschedules of regular appointments without advance notice of 2 business days (example: an 8 AM Monday appointment would need to be cancelled no later than 8 AM on Thursday the week before the appointment. An 8 AM Friday appointment would need to be cancelled no later than 8 AM on Wednesday before the appointment). We charge a $150 cancellation fee for any procedure appointment cancelled without 3 business days advance notice. All late cancellations, late reschedules and no-show fees will be charged automatically to the credit card information we have on file.We provide courtesy appointment reminders to you by calling, texting, and/or emailing you prior to your scheduled appointment date. If we cannot speak to you directly, we will leave a message for you. However, it is primarily YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to remember and keep your appointment. If you frequently no show or late cancel/reschedule appointments, you may be discharged from our practice.
Expired/Invalid Credit Cards
Past Due Balances
Pathology, Microbiology & Lab Fees
Patient/Parent/Guardian Financial Responsibility
Payment, Fees, and Insurance
In-Network Insurance Coverage
Currently Accepted Insurance Providers:
- AARP (Medicare Supplement and Medicare Complete)
- Allied Benefit Systems
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – most plans – check your network
- First Choice
- First Health Network
- Healthcare Management Admin
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington
- LifeWise (Premera Blue Cross)
- Medicare / Railroad
- PacifiCare (United Healthcare)
- Premera Blue Cross
- Providence Health Plan
- Regence Blue Shield – most plans – check your network
- United Healthcare
Insurance Plans Not Accepted
We do not accept the following plans due to difficulties our office has experienced when trying to work with these plans, such as significantly high administrative/regulatory burden and extraordinarily low reimbursement that unfortunately make it not feasible to serve patients:
- Washington Medicaid / Apple Health
- UnitedHealthcare Community Health Plan
Care of Minors
Our philosophy is to encourage minor patients to include a parent, guardian, or other trusted adult in all aspects of their health care. We require that a parent or legal guardian accompany your child to his or her visit at our clinic. If your minor child arrives at the clinic unaccompanied or in the company of an adult other than a parent or legal guardian, we may need to reschedule the appointment. Late rescheduling fees as described in the Financial Policies section would apply. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please call us at 425-201-5117.
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) is a Federal program that requests that all medical records and other individually identifiable health information used or disclosed by us in any form, whether electronically, on paper, or orally, are kept properly confidential. This Act gives you, the patient, the right to understand and control how your protected health information (“PHI”) is used. HIPAA provides penalties for covered entities that misuse personal health information. As required by HIPAA, we prepared the following explanation of how we are to maintain the privacy of your health information and how we may disclose your personal information.
We may use and disclose your medical records only for each of the following purposes: treatment, payment, and health care operation. Treatment means providing, coordinating, or managing health care and related services by one or more healthcare providers. An example of this is a primary care doctor referring you to a specialist doctor. Payment means such activities as obtaining reimbursement for services, confirming coverage, billing or collections activities, and utilization review. An example of this would include sending your insurance company a bill for your visit and/or verifying coverage prior to a surgery. Health Care Operations include business aspects of running our practice, such as conducting quality assessments and improving activities, auditing functions, cost management analysis, and customer service. An example of this would be new patient survey cards.
The practice may also be required or permitted to disclose your PHI for law enforcement and other legitimate reasons. In all situations, we shall do our best to assure its continued confidentiality to the extent possible. We may also create and distribute de-identified health information by removing all reference to individually identifiable information. We may contact you, by phone or in writing, to provide appointment reminders or information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services, in addition to other fundraising communications, that may be of interest to you. You do have the right to “opt out” with respect to receiving fundraising communications from us.
The following use and disclosures of PHI will only be made pursuant to us after receiving a written authorization from you:
• Most uses and disclosure of psychotherapy notes
• Uses and disclosure of your PHI for marketing purposes, including subsidized treatment and health care operations
• Disclosures that constitute a sale of PHI under HIPAA
• Other uses and disclosures not described in this notice
You may revoke such authorization in writing, and we are required to honor and abide by that written request, except to the extent that we have already taken actions relying on your prior authorization.
You may have the following rights with respect to your PHI: The right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PHI, including those related to disclosures of family members, other relatives, close personal friends, or any other person identified by you. We are, however, not required to honor a request restriction except in limited circumstances which we shall explain if you ask. If we do agree to the restriction, we must abide by it unless you agree in writing to remove it. The right to reasonable requests to receive confidential communications of Protected Health Information by alternative means or at alternative locations. The right to inspect and copy your PHI. The right to amend your PHI. The right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your PHI. The right to obtain a paper copy of this notice from us upon request. The right to be advised if your unprotected PHI is intentionally or unintentionally disclosed.
If you have paid for services “out of pocket,” in full and in advance, and you request that we not disclose PHI related solely to those services to a health plan, we will accommodate your request, except where we are required by law to make a disclosure. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your PHI and to provide you the notice of our legal duties and our privacy practice with respect to PHI.
We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your PHI and to provide you the notice of our legal duties and our privacy practice with respect to PHI.
This notice is effective as of January 1, 2015 and it is our intention to abide by the terms of the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Regulations currently in effect. We reserve the right to change the terms of our Notice of Privacy Practice and to make the new notice provision effective for all PHI that we maintain. We will post a copy and you may request a written copy of the revised Notice of Privacy Practice from our office.
You have the right of recourse if you feel that your protections have been violated by our office. You have the right to file a formal, written complaint with our practice and with the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
Feel free to contact the Practice Compliance Officer at (425) 201-5117 for more information, in person or in writing.